I guess you have been considering getting one or two gun belts that would perfectly and safely help you support your gun holster. But, you’re not sure how to pick out the best gun belt from the numerous options available.
Today’s post does justice to that, as I have put together a stellar selection of the choices in this gun belt reviews article you are reading.
But who needs a gun belt in the first place? Any concealed carrier who’s looking for something to compliment his/her carry holster.
A good gun belt should be sturdy and doesn’t give in to your firearm’s weight or show any signs of sagging. To be sure you make the right choice of a gun belt; I have put together this piece to help you make an informed choice.
- Which Are The Best Gun Belts?
- Best Gun Belt Comparison Chart 2021
- Top 15 Best Gun Belt Reviews 2021
- 5.11 Tactical Men’s Military Trainer Belt
- Relentless Tactical Ultimate Concealed Carry CCW Gun Belt
- Fairwin Tactical Belt, Military Style Webbing Riggers Web Belt
- Black Law Enforcement Modular Equipment System
- JUKMO Military Rigger Tactical Belt
- ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band Gun Holster for Concealed Carry
- Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry
- Condor LCS Gun Belt
- WOLF TACTICAL Heavy Duty Riggers Belt
- MISSION ELITE Heavy Duty EDC Tactical Belt
- Safariland 7378, ALS Concealment Paddle and Belt Loop Combo Holster
- Elite CO Shooters Belt with Cobra Buckle
- Tacticon Battle Belt
- Kmioc Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt
- POYOLEE Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt
- Buying Guide for Best Gun Belt
- FAQs – Best Gun Belt
- My Top Pick
Which Are The Best Gun Belts?
In this section, I will highlight some of the best gun belts for all kinds of firearm owners. The best part is, this section is a mini-bite of the review section proper. This means that you don’t need to read through our lengthy review to make a choice.
But, if you care to, after these highlights, you can proceed to other sections including a comparison chart below that helps you compare the different gun belts from each other. Feel free to check their build, tensile strength, and more.
- Best Overall – 5.11 Tactical Men’s Military Trainer Belt
“Strength of 5100 pounds, anti-fade material, and nylon mesh with stitch reinforcements, stainless steel buckle, multi-function.”
- Best Heavy Duty – Condor LCS Gun Belt
“Has 2-inch QD buckles, anti-slip pad, 2-belt system, heavy-duty webbing, and MOLLE slots, lightweight.”
- Best Tactical – WOLF TACTICAL Heavy Duty Riggers Belt
“Two buckle choice, no-slip design, 2-ply stiffened webbing material, perfect for concealed carry, fully adjustable and comfortable.”
- Best Budget – MISSION ELITE Heavy Duty EDC Tactical Belt
“Nylon webbing, trusted brand with great quality, no metal buckle, adjustable and comfy, made with heavy-duty sturdy materials.”
- Best for Concealed Carry – ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band Gun Holster for Concealed Carry
“Made with surgical grade elastic, good price, one-size-fits all, compatible with lots of handguns, good for a left or right-hand draw, sturdy construction.”
Best Gun Belt Comparison Chart 2021
Here’s a detailed comparison chart to help you compare the different gun belts I have listed.
|Best Gun Belt||Material||Weight||Buckle Type||Dimensions|
|5.11 Tactical Men's Military Trainer Belt – Best Overall||Nylon mesh with stitch reinforcements||8 ounces||Stainless steel||1x1x1 inches:|
|Relentless Tactical Ultimate Concealed Carry CCW Gun Belt||Full Grain Leather||11.22 ounces||Metal buckle||6.4 x 6.2 x 2.3 inches|
|Fairwin Tactical Belt, Military Style Webbing Riggers Web Belt||Nylon belt||4.8 ounces||V-ring Metal buckle||5.91 x 2.91 2.2 inches|
|Black Law Enforcement Modular Equipment System||Nylon belt||1.2 pounds||Velcro and Quick-release buckle design||7 x 5 x 5 inches|
|JUKMO Military Rigger Tactical Belt||Nylon belt||10.41 ounces||Quick-release buckle||9.21 x 3.15x 2.13 inches|
|ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band Gun Holster for Concealed Carry – Best for Concealed Carry||Surgical grade elastic||2.4 ounces||Velcro||6 x 4 x 1 inches|
|Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry||Neoprene elastic||6.46 ounces||Velcro||8.26 x 7.28 x 1.61 inches|
|Condor LCS Gun Belt – Best Heavy Duty||Heavy-duty webbing||N/A||2” QD buckle||N/A|
|WOLF TACTICAL Heavy Duty Riggers Belt – Best Tactical||Nylon webbing||8.4 ounces||Steel buckle with D-Ring||4 x 1.5 x 1 inches|
|MISSION ELITE Heavy Duty EDC Tactical Belt – Best Budget||Nylon webbing||7.2 ounces||Polymer buckle||6.69 x 3.46 x 1.81 inches|
|Safariland 7378, ALS Concealment Paddle and Belt Loop Combo Holster||Nylon-blend material||1 pound||N/A||12 x 8 x 4 inches|
|Elite CO Shooters Belt with Cobra Buckle||Heavy-duty nylon webbing||8.01 ounces||Velcro||5.98 x 2.99 x 9.02 inches|
|Tacticon Battle Belt||Neoprene||N/A||Cobra buckle||N/A|
|Kmioc Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt||Full grain leather||11.99 ounces||Metal buckle||5.9 x 5 x 2.5 inches|
|POYOLEE Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt||Italian leather||1.15 pounds||Heavy-duty buckle||5.9 x 5.9 x 2.2 inches|
Top 15 Best Gun Belt Reviews 2021
5.11 Tactical Men’s Military Trainer Belt
The 5.11 Tactical Men’s Military Trainer Belt is one of the best tactical belts on the marketplace. It is constructed with 100 percent nylon and comes with heavy stitch reinforcements and mesh design.
The tough material build makes the 5.11 tactical belt rip and fade-resistant and stiff enough to support a well-designed holster.
The 5.11 Tactical Men’s Military Trainer Belt is designed with a standard 1.5-inch width and is available with a stainless steel or matte buckle. This makes the belt suitable for most work and tactical pants.
- Multi-function design
- Tensile strength of up to 5,100 lbs
- Ideal for packs and holsters
- Heavy-duty, resilient construction
- Comfortable, though a little stiff
- Perfect for concealed carry
- High-performing belt
- Trusted brand
- A wide variety of color options
- Fade and rip-resistant
- Enhanced structure
- Nylon construction instead of leather
|Color||8-color options (black, sandstone, green, etc.)|
|Buckle type||Stainless steel or matte|
|Product dimensions||1x1x1 inches: 8 oz.|
Relentless Tactical Ultimate Concealed Carry CCW Gun Belt
The Relentless Tactical Ultimate Concealed Carry CCW Gun Belt is made from premium, full-grain American leather. It is more than a tactical belt that makes you look good while ensuring you stay safe on the job.
This 14-ounce tactical belt is one of the fewest that are made in the United States of America. It is available in more than 10 different sizes, meaning you will definitely find one .
- Full-grain United States Leather
- 5-inch width
- Premium full-grain leather
- Multiple size options
- Handmade in the United States
- Impressive customer reviews
- Great for Open Carry
- Strong enough to support your firearm
- Lifetime warranty
- Somewhat more expensive than other options
|Buckle type||Stainless steel|
|Product dimensions||6.4 x 6.1 x 2.3 inches: 8.78 oz.|
Fairwin Tactical Belt, Military Style Webbing Riggers Web Belt
The Tactical Rigger Belt from the stable of Fairwin is another notable contender on this list. The nylon it is constructed with can withstand a maximum weight o 1,100 lbs. It has a standard 1.5-inch width, available in 3 color options and multiple sizes.
This belt is outfitted with a V-ring, quick-release metal buckle that deploys within a second. It is very easy to use and is known to potentially save lives. The Fairwin belt has a commendable 2-year warranty, so if you want to switch it out, you are free to do so.
- V-ring quick-release buckle
- Military-style, durable webbing belt
- Heavy-duty Quick-release metal buckle
- Great value
- High-quality, adjustable nylon belt
- 2-year quality warranty
- Top-notch customer service
- Works great and stays tight
- Buckle a bit cheaper
- Not leather
- Not too good for jean belt loops
|Buckle type||V-ring quick-release buckle|
|Product dimensions||5.91 x 2.91 2.2 inches: 4.8 oz.|
Black Law Enforcement Modular Equipment System
The Black Law Enforcement Modular Equipment System Belt is a well-designed, military-style utility belt that is 2 inches wide. The adjustable belt has a versatile modular design and comes with 9 component/pouches as well as a quick-release buckle.
This law enforcement duty belt has pouches for your cell phone, chemical agent/snap closure/pepper spray case, and dual magazine. The belt also has a handcuff case/snap closure, expandable baton case, fully adjustable duty holster with an extra magazine pouch, and a flashlight case.
- 10-in-1 security belt
- Adjustable 35-45 inches
- Modular, versatile design
- Velcro and quick-release buckle design
- Adjustable design
- 4 military colors to choose from
- Multi-functional and multi-purposed game belt
- Nylon material may tear with heavy use
|Manufacturer||First to act tactical|
|Color||Black and 3 other military colors|
|Buckle type||Velcro and Quick-release buckle design|
|Product dimensions||7 x 7 x 5 inches|
JUKMO Military Rigger Tactical Belt
JUKMO is a well-known brand that stands out because of its attention to detail on men’s belts. Every aspect of product quality is checked strictly by the staff. The JUKMO Military Rigger Tactical Belt comes in a nice package and has a sturdy, quick-release mechanism.
This nylon belt is wide and thin, just like a regular leather belt. The JUKMO Military Rigger Tactical Belt may be thin, but it is not flimsy.
- An upgraded version of quick release buckle
- The belt is made of aluminum alloy
- An upgraded version of quick release buckle
- High-quality stretch nylon
- The locking system is incredibly strong and easy to lock and unlock
- The buckle is very thick with a smooth feel and finish
- Fastening tab not flimsy
- Convenient and sturdy
- True to size
- Material is not thick and easy to twist and bend
- Not a gun belt
|Buckle type||Quick-release buckle|
|Product dimensions||9.21 x 3.15x 2.13 inches: 10.41 oz.|
ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band Gun Holster for Concealed Carry
(Best for Concealed Carry)
Are you looking for a very quick and easy belt that does not require too much fuss? Then you need to get your hands on the ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band.
It is less expensive than a leather belt but offers lots of value. The excellent benefits the ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band comes with are numerous. It can be used for open or concealed carry as well.
- Practical features for on-the-go use
- Perfect low-profile EDC
- Optional retention strap for more customization
- One-size-fits-all, eliminates the worry about finding the right size
- Pocket-friendly price for lots of value
- Can be worn easily both inside and outside your clothing on any part of your body
- Can be used for both right-hand or left-hand draw
- Compatible with several handguns including Sig Sauer, Beretta, Taurus, Springfield, Walther, Bersa, M&P Shield, Glock 19, 23, 38, etc.
- Some users find it somewhat bulky
|Product dimension||6 x 4 x 1 inches: 2.4 oz.|
Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry
One of the best ways to avoid distractions when hunting is to use a comfortable, concealed-carry belt. The Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry is a one-size-fits-all belt that is incredibly comfortable to wear. It is one of the best tactical belts for people that anticipate a change of equipment, clothing, or even their bodies.
This is made possible by the Neoprene materials it is constructed with as well as its Velcro feature.
- Breathable neoprene band holster
- Extra multifunctional pocket
- Incredibly comfortable
- Comes with an additional magazine pocket
- Neoprene materials allow this tactical belt to accommodate and stretch according to all guns and body type
- Durable enough to accommodate several items at the same time without yielding or breaking
- One size fits all
- Versatile carry options
- Skin-friendly, comfortable, and breathable
- Hard to hold up when you are sweating
|Product dimensions||8.26 x 7.28 x 1.61 inches: 6.46 oz.|
Condor LCS Gun Belt
(Best Heavy Duty)
The Condor LCS Gun Belt is a new addition to the load-bearing belt family from Condor. It is constructed with heavy-duty webbing and smartly reinforced with an extra layer of scuba webbing in order to handle heavy loads.
The exterior features of this versatile belt showcase the patented LCS material along with non-traditional MOLLE (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) slots for stabilizing attachments.
- 2-inch QD buckle
- Removable anti-slip pad
- Lightweight and well built
- Reinforced with scuba webbing
- Removable inner anti-slip pad
- It can be used as a 2-belt system
- Less bulk, more grip
- Incredible quality for the price
- Ability to upgrade to a Cobra buckle in the future
- Fitment is somewhat tricky
- Plastic buckle not durable enough to tolerate massive abuse
|Buckle type||Plastic buckle|
WOLF TACTICAL Heavy Duty Riggers Belt
The WOLF TACTICAL Heavy Duty Riggers Belt comes at a sweet, pocket-friendly price. It is constructed with stiffened 2-ply nylon construction along with reinforced stitching for extra rigidity. This makes the belt strong enough for outdoor activities, work, and emergencies. The tensile strength of the nylon is up to 3,500 lbs.
The width of the WOLF TACTICAL Heavy Duty Riggers Belt is 1.75 inches, and you have a choice of riggers buckle and D-ring or even quick-release buckles. The practical and simple design makes the belt easy to convert to a carry strap, tie-down, or tactical harness in emergencies.
- 2-ply stiffened 1.75-inch webbing
- Velcro hook and loop closure
- No-slip design
- Choice of 2 buckles
- Fully adjustable, supportive, and comfortable
- Great value
- Built for concealed carry and holsters
- Constructed with premium heavy-duty materials
- Durable steel buckle and D-ring
- Lower strength test much more than premium belts
|Buckle type||Steel and D-ring|
|Product dimensions||4 x 1.5 x 1 inches: 8.4 oz.|
MISSION ELITE Heavy Duty EDC Tactical Belt
The MISSION ELITE Heavy Duty EDC Tactical Belt features 2 highly durable nylon layers that enable it to withstand heavy wear-and-tear. The belt has exceptional abilities that make it stretch, making it suitable for anyone, no matter your stature or size.
And since the MISSION ELITE Heavy Duty EDC Tactical Belt has reinforced strength, you can carry a heavy handgun easily along with any other heavy equipment.
- Durable no metal buckle
- 2-ply nylon webbing
- No metal parts are known to reflect the sun
- Comes with no holes, making it an easier task to adjust your belt around the waist
- Comes with 2 nylon layers that make this product incredibly strong
- You can use this belt for everyday transportation and concealed carry
- Durable no metal buckle
- Constructed with heavy-duty materials
- Adjustable and comfortable
- Trusted quality from a trusted brand
- 100 percent money-back guarantee
- Some users think the materials used for construction is somewhat too coarse or flimsy
|Buckle type||Polymer buckle|
|Product dimensions||6.69 x 3.46 x 1.81 inches: 7.2 oz.|
Safariland 7378, ALS Concealment Paddle and Belt Loop Combo Holster
The Safariland 7378, ALS Concealment Paddle and Belt Loop Combo Holster combine the simplicity of an open-top design with the security of an automatic locking system (ALS).
The latter secures your handgun automatically as soon as it is holstered, yet gives room for a quick and natural draw with a simple swipe of your thumb.
The holster is built using temperature- and weather-resistant SafariSeven non-marking or non-abrasive nylon blend material. And it will never mar or scratch the finish of your handgun. The interior stand-offs of the holster allow moisture and dirt to clear quickly.
- Automatic locking system (ALS)
- Non-marking SafariSeven nylon-blend material
- Comfortable holster
- The thumb lock mechanism is nice
- Excellent value
- Makes your handgun fit tighter in the sturdy holster
- Safe and secure
- Fits snugly with no rattle
- Well made
- Fits gun perfectly, thanks to the automatic locking system (ALS)
- Non-abrasive SafariSeven nylon-blend material protects your firearms finish from damage
- The holster is outfitted with a belt loop and a concealment paddle
- Exceptional customer service and delivery
- None observed
|Color||Black- STX Plain|
|Product dimensions||12 x 8 x 4 inches: 1 lbs|
Elite CO Shooters Belt with Cobra Buckle
The Elite CO Shooters Belt is constructed with the toughest materials you can find and even incorporates special Scuba nylon webbing. It has reinforced stitching and a highly structured inner core and features a Cobra quick-release buckle.
The Elite CO Shooters Belt is the perfect carry belt or gear rig that is also available in 5 sizes.
- 5 Cobra buckle that exceeds Mil Spec guidelines for sand/dust/saltwater
- 5 double-layered, heavy-duty nylon webbing construction
- Made in the United States
- Constructed using 1.5 heavy-duty nylon webbing
- Stiffened to support pouches, holsters, etc.
- Available in black, wolf gray, and coyote tan
- Velcro adjustable
- 5 Cobra buckle
- Available in 5 sizes
- Some users claim that the coyote tan-colored belt appears more olive
|Color||Black, wolf gray, and coyote tan|
|Buckle type||Cobra buckle|
|Product dimensions||5.98 x 2.99 x 9.02 inches: 8.01 oz|
Tacticon Battle Belt
The Tacticon Battle Belt is a very impressive and exceptional belt manufactured by a small organization that is run by a military veteran. This belt is so good that its reviews are off the charts, with almost 99 percent of owners praising its convenience, comfort, and affordability.
The Tacticon Battle Belt comes with double stitching on the MOLLE panels for extra support in case you carry a heavy firearm. The inside of the belt is lined with a rubbery neoprene that makes it grippy enough to stay in place.
- Large and sturdy Cobra buckle
- Double stitching on the MOLLE panels
- Excellent quality, great price, and great customer service
- A well constructed and sturdy belt
- Quick to put on and secure on your person
- Easy enough to remove without worrying about the product doing it on its own
- Sturdy and durable stitching.
- The MOLLE connections are incredibly strong
- A handwritten note from Tacticon gives the product a familial touch
- A nice, large, and sturdy Cobra buckle
- The inside of the belt is lined with neoprene, making it grippy enough to stay in place
- No wiggle at all
- Comfortable, convenient, and secure
- None found
|Color||Flat dark earth tan|
Kmioc Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt
The Kmioc Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt is a well-constructed belt designed for concealed carry purposes. It is a fully functional belt that looks great when carrying a holstered sidearm and other tactical support gear.
Even when weighed down, the Kmioc Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt resists sagging, bending, and stretching.
- Made of 100 percent Italian, full-grain leather
- Perfect fit hole spacing
- Leather and craft quality is fantastic
- 1 ½-inch wide Italian leather
- Easy sizing
- Resists sagging, stretching, and bending
- Comfortable but strong
- 100-year warranty
- Does not fit as good as a regularly worn belt
- Will require the addition of 3 inches extra to waist size when ordering
- The belt buckle is of average strength
|Buckle type||Slide belt buckle made of Zinc alloy|
|Product dimensions||5.9 x 5 x 2.5 inches: 11.99 oz.|
POYOLEE Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt
The POYOLEE Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt is made of Italian leather rather than United States leather. Nevertheless, you will see that this leather is of extremely high quality. And it allows for extra thickness while maintaining immense comfort.
The leather even breathes if your skin becomes sweaty or hot. The belt maintains its rigidity and great shape even if you stack on additional weight such as your firearm and other accessories. It makes use of 2 layers of full-grain that has been smartly and expertly stitched, thereby leaving no filler space whatsoever.
- Made of breathable, top-grain vegetable-tanned Italian leather
- Heavy-duty roller buckle
- Excellent heavy-duty belt buckle
- Great warranty offer
- No sag, no stretching, no rollover
- 2-inch thickness
- Incredibly comfortable in spite of its thickness
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee
- May be too thick for some users
|Buckle type||Heavy-duty metal buckle|
|Product dimensions||5.9 x 5.9 x 2.2 inches: 1.15 lbs|
Buying Guide for Best Gun Belt
So you have made up your mind that you need a gun belt and no longer a handgun holster. A holster will cost you more money and time to acquire – that is if you want a good one though, but a gun belt, much less!
Many times, we see handgun owners making do with their belt (ignoring the use of a gun belt) and despite that, it does the job for them, it may not be suitable and might be a huge risk.
There are several risks involved and therefore a firearm belt or gun belt should be used because that is why they were designed, plus they also help with room for carrying additional ammunition if necessary.
In this guide, you would learn how to pick a suitable gun belt and some avoidable mistakes people make when choosing one. You can avoid such mistakes and ensure that you have your money’s worth in the product you choose.
Firstly, you do not just buy a gun belt because Jack or Jill has one. There has to be a need for it. However, what could this need be?
Have you ever heard of the acronym “EDC?” It simply means Everyday Carry. Most people who have EDC as a part of their daily lives know the importance of a gun belt.
There would be a lot of discomforts if you use your shots or pants pocket as a carriage for your handgun. You may end up ruining the garment, or risk your safety since you may not be able to swing out your gun in case of an emergency.
So, why put yourself in such quagmire when you can get a high-quality gun belt for as low as $30 to $100 or more?
It does not matter how much you purchase it, what matters is how durable, long-lasting, and rigid your gun belt is and how efficiently it bears the weight of your handgun or EDC material.
Possible Avoidable Mistakes When Looking For a Gun Belt
If you unknowingly purchase an inferior gun belt, you will have to suffer either of two things: you end up wasting money because you may have to make another purchase in no time, or you suffer discomfort in that the gun belt wouldn’t effectively carry your EDC and you might give up on the idea totally which puts you at a safety risk.
Here is a look at possible mistakes you can make while purchasing a gun belt and how to avoid them.
Not Checking the Materials the Belt Is Made With
Most people are either in too much of a hurry to purchase a gun belt or become too excited and forget about checking the material that it is made with. The best gun belts are made with leather and must be either top-grain or full-grain leather.
Top grain leather has two layers of leather where the top layer is around 3 times thicker than the bottom layer.
Full-grain leather has skins made up top and bottom leather of equal thickness.
Some gun belts are made of polyester materials; some are made of nylon and so forth.
Avoid the mistake of buying a gun belt that is made of any material that isn’t leather if you want to make the most of your gun belt.
Poor Quality Buckles Are a No-No
The hardware or buckle of a gun belt must be made of quality materials if you want to get the best out of it. Do not be amongst the dozens of people that make this mistake of purchasing a gun belt with a low-quality buckle.
Soft hardware such as buckles must be avoided like a plague. Before buying a gun belt, try bending the buckles to test the strength.
If they are so soft that your fingers can bend them, they won’t last you long enough and must not be bought with your money if you’re all about buying a quality gun belt.
Considering Gun Belts with Limited Stitching
Besides web belts and a select few other gun belts, you mustn’t settle for products with limited stitching. Web belts and some other types of gun belts can work perfectly even with limited stitching, but most of the time, it is better to buy a gun belt with more stitches.
Just observe how strong the stitching is and make sure they don’t have frays too. Uniformly lined stitches also prove that the gun belt is good quality and this is what you should consider before paying.
Things You Should Consider Before Paying for a Gun Belt
Now that you have learned some of the mistakes that people wanting to purchase a good gun belt make, how about learning some of the important things to keep in mind before you splash the cash on a particular product?
Let’s get educated.
Always Consider the Gun Belt’s Lining
Gun belts have a lining but those on a higher budget can get the lining of leather or felt. This lining is important because most times, the belt seems to fall out of place or rotate while carrying the weight of the firearm.
A lining of either leather or felt will ensure your gun stays in place while you move around comfortably.
To be honest with you, you can get a gun belt for as low as $20 or even $10. They get the job done quite alright but the problem with these cheap ones is that they may sag. On the other hand, if you can afford to pay $30 to $45, you can get an average quality gun belt that would work as efficiently as you want.
If you can also afford to pay $50 to $70, then you can purchase a premium quality gun belt with ease. All you need to do is check on a trusted dealer from an online shop or reference. Average quality gun belts can carry one weapon perfectly, while some high-quality products were built to handle more than one weapon at a time.
If fancy colors were your thing, then you would most likely be buying nylon or polyester gun belts. The materials have gun belts that can be either beige or olive green colors.
However, if you don’t care about fancy colors and don’t mind the traditional black and brown hue, you can get leather products.
One paramount thing that sets gun belts in different categories is the features. Some guns belts have different or multiple features and if you have already pictured how you want to use yours in your mind, then you would have a clear understanding of whether you need a single or multi-featured holster.
Using Your Gun Belt The Right Way
Just because you acquired a brand new gun belt doesn’t mean you will just attach anything and start using it. Well, it doesn’t work that way.
Your weapon or carry equipment is supposed to blend and be comfortable for you. A wrong gun belt – equipment match would be a total disaster and you wouldn’t get the best out of your purchase. It is therefore expedient that you use a gun belt the right way.
Using a plastic holster in your waistband is a complete disaster because the edges of the holster can dig into your skin, thereby causing discomfort. A leather holster on the other hand wouldn’t prick your skin and be more comfortable to use. However, you may become hot due to activity and the leather holster would cause excessive sweating. A gun belt is supposed to solve these problems but using a low-quality product can cause firearm sag and a much less secure weapon carriage.
- Use your gun belt with an OWB carriage: You can attach your OWB carriage via your belt or a clip. A holster with a belt slide is commonly used and it helps to slide the belt through, or sometimes a loop (leather or plastic) is used.
- If you have a sliding belt holder, the belt must be removed from the loops and re-threaded through your pants’ loops, and then the belt should be fastened. Your holster should be placed where you want it to be first before you fasten your belt. If you have made a great pick of a gun belt (one that won’t permit holster sliding), then you must need to unfasten your belt whenever you want to adjust or alter the position or placement of your gun holster.
- If you’re wearing a waistband, you must tuck the IWB holster inside so that you can easily adjust your holster position before locking your gun belt. Otherwise, adjusting your gun holster would be almost impossible. You have to place the holster directly on the perfect position on the waistband, drag up and fasten/button your pants before finally fastening your gun belt.
- Although IWB and OWB holsters can be used or attached via loops or clips. While clips are more commonly used due to ease, loops are more secure to use.
- The long and short of it all is that you must consider your lifestyle and pick a gun belt and holster that matches your needs. The environment you are and the season are also important factors to consider when looking for a gun belt and holster match. It is recommended that you use the loop-style holster with your gun belt for the best results in safety, protection, and performance, which means you, can conceal your firearm perfectly, draw easily when the need arises and you can rest assured that your holster would not slide from its place.
FAQs – Best Gun Belt
My Top Pick
The 5.11 Tactical Men’s Military Trainer Belt finds its way to my favorite pick because it has a massive tensile strength (up to 5,100 pounds) making it suitable for just about anyone looking for a powerful gun belt. Its material build is also remarkable with anti-fade properties.
If you have a personal favorite, do share with me and others who are interested in finding out the best gun belt.