A solider said once “if you want to know how to kill a shadow, just shine a little light on it”. Let me be your harbinger of good news and quickly bring to your notice that a tactical flashlight is built and designed to do way more than that.
The best tactical flashlights not only sheds plenty of light in a dark situation, but it also provides plenty of functionality, is built like a tank, and can provide a valuable means of self-defense when the circumstance requires it.
A tactical flashlight can be used in conjunction with a firearm to aid low-light target identification, allowing the operator (marksman, scout, soldier, law enforcement agent) to aim a weapon and illuminate the target simultaneously. You can use the tactical flashlight as a method of non-lethal force used to blind and disorient targets temporarily.
You should note that you can also find flashlights in this category that you can use as a typical flashlight without necessarily attaching them to a weapon, to help illuminate the path or check your surroundings. For whatever purpose, these flashlights are made sturdy and impact-resistant. They can last longer than you might expect and serve the purpose to perfection.
As a fact, there are myriads of tactical flashlights in the market, and this poses the questions, what you need to consider whenever you decide to get the perfect tactical flashlight. There are swarms of flashlight conditions that many potential buyers don’t even know to exist. Tactical flashlights have a variety of uses ranging from everyday use to emergency uses.
How do you know the most suitable tactical flashlights considering the purpose, price, size and lumen? For answers to these controversies, set the seal on reading my best tactical flashlight reviews. By the end of this article, you can be sure that more than 90% of the questions you want to ask has an answer already.
With no further ado, let’s get started!
- Which Are The Best Tactical Flashlights To Buy?
- Tactical Flashlight Comparison Table
- Top 10 Best Tactical Flashlight Reviews in 2021
- 1. GearLight LED Tactical Flashlight S1000
- 2. Streamlight 88062 ProTac 2L-X 500lm Professional Tactical Flashlight
- 3. LETMY LED Tactical Flashlight
- 4. PowerTac M5 Tactical Flashlight
- 5. DanForce G1 Rechargeable LED Flashlight
- 6. PeakPlus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight LFX1000
- 7. Gearlight M3 LED Tactical Flashlight
- 8. Pelican 7600 Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight
- 9. OLIGHT M2R Pro Warrior 1800 Lumens Tactical Flashlight
- 10. NICRON N7 600 Lumens Tactical Flashlight
- Important Factors To Consider Before Buying A Tactical Flashlight
- My Top Pick
Which Are The Best Tactical Flashlights To Buy?
It is important to reiterate that what may be the best tactical flashlight for me my not necessarily be the best tactical flashlight for you, so the best tactical flashlights are the ones that suit you and your needs best.
After going through thousands of research, I have tirelessly brought together from different reliable sources the best tactical flashlights out there into a single volume. Make sure you go through the list; you will find it deserving of your time!
- Best Durability: Gearlight LED Tactical Flashlight S1000
“Built for rough handling, suitable for use in rain, snow and emergencies.”
- Best Battery: Streamlight 88062 ProTac 2L-X 500 lm Professional Tactical Flashlight
“Available in two ways: rechargeable system with an integrated USB charge port and the other with lithium batteries.”
- Best Bulb: LETMY LED Tactical Flashlight
“Bright and long-lasting, emit 2000 lumens, 50,000 hours working life.”
- Best Illumination Modes: PowerTac M5 Tactical Flashlight
“Six different light setting.”
- Best Adaptation: DanForce G1 Rechargeable LED Flashlight
“Adapts and adjusts to any lighting situation.”
- Best Heavy Duty: PeakPlus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight LF x 1000
“High powered LED, high Lumen brightness, wide beam and range.”
- Best Tactical: Gearlight M3 LED Tactical Flashlight
“Lightweight, all-metal and practical design make it the perfect companion for virtually all purposes.”
- Best Additional Colors: Pelican 7600 Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight
“It provides values such as night vision and can also be useful for traffic control.”
- Best Detachable: OLIGHT M2R Pro Warrior 1800 Lumens USB Magnetic Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight
“It has a lanyard hole and a detached two-way stainless pocket clip.”
- Best Rotation: NICRON N7 600 Lumens Tactical Flashlight
“Suitable for use around the house, dog walking and the likes.”
Tactical Flashlight Comparison Table
For a quick heads up of my ten best tactical flashlights I am about to discuss extensively in the upcoming paragraphs, kindly go through the information provided simply in the table below. You will find it quite helpful!
|Product Name||Material||Size||Batteries||Manufacturer||Item Weight||Color||Bulb Type|
|GearLight LED Tactical Flashlight S1000 - Best Durability||Military-Grade Aluminum||Pocket-Sized, Compact, Portable||1 Lithium-ion battery||GearLight||5.1 ounces||Tactical Black||LED|
|Streamlight 88062 ProTac 2L –X 500 lm Professional Tactical Flashlight - Best Battery||Aluminum||One Size||2 CR123A batteries||Streamlight||4.5 ounces||Black||Not Specified|
|LETMY LED Tactical Flashlight - Best Bub||Aluminum||2 Pack||3AAA batteries||Letmy||11.2 ounces||Not Specified||Not Specified|
|PowerTac M5 Tactical Flashlight - Best Illumination Modes||Aluminum||Pocket Size||1 Lithium-ion battery||PowerTac||4.8 ounces||M5||LED|
|DanForce G1 Rechargeable LED Flashlight - Best Adaptation||Aluminum||G1||2 Lithium-ion batteries||DanForce||3.49 pounds||Red||LED|
|PeakPlus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight LFX 1000 - Best Heavy-duty||Aluminum Alloy||Small||12200mAh rechargeable batteries||PeakPlus||11.6 ounces||Black||Not Specified|
|GearLight M3 LED Tactical Flashlight - Best Tactical||High-Grade Aluminum||Not Specified||1 AA batteries||GearLight||0.22 Kilograms||Black||LED|
|Pelican 7600 Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight - Best Additional Colors||Synthetic||One Size||USB Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries||Pelican Products Inc||196 Grams||Black||LED|
|OLIGHT M2R Pro Warrior 1800 Lumens USB Magnetic Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight - Best Detachable||Aluminum Alloy||Not Specified||5000mAh 21700 batteries||Olight||0.66 pounds||Black||Not Specified|
|NICORN N7 600 Lumens Tactical Flashlight - Best Rotation||Aluminum||Not Specified||1 AA batteries||NICRON||1.92 ounces||Black||LED|
Top 10 Best Tactical Flashlight Reviews in 2021
I have listed the ten best tactical flashlights. I have also talked about their features succinctly. At this juncture, you must pay close attention since it is the most crucial part of this article. You will learn about key features, pros, cons and specification of each product.
1. GearLight LED Tactical Flashlight S1000
Second to none on the list is this durable product; Gearlight LED tactical flashlight S1000. GearLight made this product with the pure intent of meeting your needs and even alternative uses. Mind-blowing right?
It quickly brightens up an entire room or focuses in on objects up to 30,480cm away! In one sentence, many say it is ten ways brighter than old incandescent lights. It’s source of power- 3 AAA batteries or just a single rechargeable battery. It is created to fit into a backpack or purse and even better just your pocket, allowing for easy storage and quick access.
This flashlight from reviews is certified enough to survive a 10-foot drop or being temporarily submerged underwater, and it will still be as good as new. It also features a run time of 10+ hours when used on the low setting.
I would say it is nothing less than a standard remarkable tactical flashlight!
- Ultra bright and long-lasting
- Five useful settings
- Water-resistant & Virtually Indestructible
- Perfect for any situation
- Conveniently powered for hours
- Wide-to-narrow beam zoom
- Quite durable
- Batteries don’t come alongside this product
|Style||Tactical Flashlight Multipack|
|Handle Material||Anti-Slip Aluminum|
|Pattern||Sleek and Tactical|
|Product Dimensions||6.1 x 1.57 x 1.57 inches|
2. Streamlight 88062 ProTac 2L-X 500lm Professional Tactical Flashlight
Next up is this well-made tactical flashlight by Streamlight Inc. It is an EDC light that is available in two ways: The ProTac 2L-X USB is a complete rechargeable system that includes Streamlight’s 18650 USB battery with an integrated USB charge port. The ProTac 2L-X includes two CR123A lithium batteries. Both feature multi-fuel innovation that allows them to accept Streamlight’s 1850 USB battery or CR123A lithium batteries, ensuring you always have a beam when you need it.
Also, the aluminum housing with Type II Military Spec anodizing helps make the lights extraordinarily durable and abrasion-resistant. It produces brilliant, powerful, blinding light.
- 500 lumen EDC tactical flashlight
- Multi Battery Versatility, 2x CR123A or 1 x Streamlight Rechargeable Kit
- Aluminum housing with type II military Spec
- Includes 2 CR123A Batteries, Rechargeable Battery Kit not include
- Light, extremely durable and abrasion-resistant
- Choice of three user-selectable programs
- Includes removable pocket clip and holster
- USB rechargeable lithium-ion battery charges in 5 hours
- Serialized for identification
- Impervious to shock with up to 50,000-hour lifetime
- After use for an extended period, it’s light begins to dim
|Style||W/ CR123A Batteries|
|Product Dimensions||5.14 x 0.94 x 1.06 inches|
3. LETMY LED Tactical Flashlight
Next up is this judiciously designed flashlight which uses the BEST XML T6 LED Chip, not other cheap XML T6 ones, emit 2000 lumens. It is of high performance LED flashlight with high quality of 50,000 hours working life.
The powerful LED generates a brilliant broad area floodlight or an entirely focused spotlight. Adjustable focus with five modes: High, Medium, Low, Strobe, SOS. A full-press to switch on and off and a half-press to cycle through lighting modes. Convenient for your using.
LETMY flashlight can waterproof from splashing water from any angle and heatproof. Durable military-grade aluminum alloy crust, abrasion resistance. The flashlight tail adopts the newest design, making it more comfortable to press and more convenient to use. A pocket-friendly belt clip makes it easy to carry, anti-slip finish holds fast in your hand, and hand strip stands on-end as an emergency light.
- Made of high-quality military-grade aluminum alloy
- 70% brighter than the primary LED flashlights
- With detachable Clip, allowing for a convenient pocket carry without tearing
- Two different ways to power this flashlight: 1* 18650 battery & 3 AAA batteries, brighter with 18650
- 50,000 hours working life
- Basic led flashlight
- Adjustable focus with five modes
- Extremely bright and covers a long area
- Very affordable
- Push on/off switch is pretty tough
- Waterproof but not water-resistant
- Batteries do not come with the package
- Might not be easily mounted to a weapon
|Package Dimensions||7 x 3.1 x 2 inches|
|Usage||Hiking, camping, walking dog etc.|
4. PowerTac M5 Tactical Flashlight
(Best Illumination Modes)
The PowerTac Company has lived up to its sterling reputation of being one of the best producers in the market. Let’s run through what this tactical flashlight has to offer. It is equipped with a powerful CREE XM-L2 U3 LED, the highest brightness output up to 1300 lumens, my opinion? That given spec is exceptionally bright for outdoor activities or daily use.
The M5 LED Flashlight has six different settings. Exactly why I tagged it as having the best illumination modes. A powerful High-beam, balanced Medium-beam, energy-saving Low-beam, high visibility Strobe, Turbo and Firefly. With a lightweight, this exact tactical flashlight fits comfortably in your pocket and suitable for many situations, such as self-defence, hunting, hiking, mountaineering, camping and outdoor activity, and many more.
- 1300 lumens super bright
- Magnetic USB rechargeable
- Multiple light modes
- Lifetime warranty
- Equipped with a powerful CREE XM-L2 U3 LED
- It has six modes: Strobe, Turbo, High, Medium, Low, Firefly
- It comes with a magnetic charging cable, without having to remove the battery you can charge the battery with the USB magnetic cable conveniently
- Charging the flashlight can be a bit technical as there are a lot of instructions
|Product Dimensions||4.87 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Handle Material||Machined Aircraft Aluminum with Anti Slip Knurling|
|Special Features||Magnetic USB Rechargeable|
5. DanForce G1 Rechargeable LED Flashlight
This flashlight is another high-quality tactical flashlight made by DanForce. Regarded as the first and last flashlight you will ever need, the G1 is the patented tactical flashlight that became the most largely backed tactical flashlight in history. It is a modular, easily customizable flashlight that adapts to any lighting situation.
The G1 flashlight is adjustable from a large heavy-duty flashlight into a small everyday carry flashlight. The G1 extension body functions as a compact device charger as it enables charging your smartphone in the outdoors. Lantern attachment also transforms the G1 into a lantern and camping lamp.
The G1combines modularity, quality and latest existed technology. G1 light controller adjusts 750 to 1080 lumens light spectrum.
- Working light time between 8-10 hours
- L2 Cree LED Chip provides six light modes: high, medium, low, ECO, Strobe, SOS, Zoomable providing maximum lighting precision
- Made from HQ materials, an aircraft stainless aluminum body
- Dust and damage resistance
- Compass cap attachment
- Red and green lenses
- Ideal gift mainly for men
- Virtually everything in one ultimate kit
- Designed to meet all your needs for daily life, emergencies, hobbies, or work
- Unlimited experience
- The rubber seal on the handle might come off accidentally during use
- Life expectancy might be short
- The telescoping part of the flashlight might be a bit confusing
|Product Dimensions||10.24 x .3 x 3.94 inches|
|Switch Style||Push Button|
6. PeakPlus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight LFX1000
PeakPlus is in the business of meeting customers’ needs by offering quality products at reasonable and affordable prices. This a heavy-duty flashlight with high powered LED, high lumen brightness, wide beam and range.
It is certified as the best flashlight tool for outdoor activities, emergency, camping, hiking, fishing, home and car breakdown. It is wise to store this everyday carry flashlight in your vehicle.
- Dual power source
- High lumen LED
- High strength anti-shock flashlight body
- Adjustable zoom focus
- Weather and water-resistant
- It is quite lightweight
- High power brightness
- Full flashlight kit
- 5 light modes & zoom function
- It will not fit in a 1-inch gun mount
- It is more of weatherproof than waterproof
|Package Dimensions||7.6 x 4.9 x 2 inches|
|Item Dimensions||5.3 x 1.6 x 1.1 inches|
|Package Weight||0.68 kilograms|
|Item Weight||11.6 ounces|
7. Gearlight M3 LED Tactical Flashlight
Gearlight is known for manufacturing quality products, and I have no iota of doubt that this fantastic tactical flashlight is not an exception to the rule. This compact and tactical flashlight has a rigid, all-aluminum body which makes it suitable for extreme conditions both indoors and outdoors. You can count on it during storms, floods, power outages, earthquakes, and natural disasters.
Tough and small, you can conveniently carry this flashlight in your backpack, bag, glove compartment, camping gear, or survival kit. The M3 is a lifesaver when doing roadside repairs or signaling for help. Highly reliable, and easy to use. It is also perfect for hunting, hiking, fishing or camping.
- Long-lasting ultra-bright LED
- 3 light modes
- Weather, water, and shock-resistant
- Small and lightweight
- All- metal construction
- Powered by a single AA battery
- Great price, great features
- The lightweight makes it a perfect companion
- It is built for rough handling as it can survive accidental drops
- The smart power management allows for hours of continuous use
- The part that slides to focus the light is too loose
- The batteries tend to wane on time
|Package Dimensions||4.37 x 2.87 x 1.34 inches|
|Item Dimensions||4.25 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Style||Everyday carry LED Tactical Flashlight Multipack|
8. Pelican 7600 Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight
(Best Additional Colors)
Are you looking for a reliable as well as a budget-friendly tactical flashlight? I can confidently tell you your search is over for this is the answer to your requirements. Pelican tactical flashlights combine the latest lighting technology along with an array of features while maintaining a compact design makes the Pelican 7600 all-round law enforcement flashlights available.
Performance surpassing 900 lumens coupled with a USB rechargeable lithium-ion battery is just the beginning of this multi-talented product. In addition to the extreme high-performance white LED light output, a red and green LED are included.
These additional colors provide values such as night vision preservation and can be used for traffic control when partnered with a slip-on wand accessory. The 7600 provides high, strobe, medium and low modes. You can choose from 5 different programs to personalize these modes to your liking. The full-time battery indicator ensures you will always know where your battery status is.
Plated with a Type III hard anodizing finish provides the most robust finish. The ability to use disposable CR123 batteries if power is unavailable ensures you’ll never be without light when it is needed most. The removable pocket clip and its IPX8 submersible status round out the many features on this tactical flashlight.
- USB Lithium-ion rechargeable
- 3 LED colors
- Selectable modes
- Full-time battery level indication
- Type III battery level indication
- Ingress protected IPX8 submersible
- Pelican has a legendary lifetime guarantee
- The beam of light travels at a life speed
- Switching mode is straightforward
- Probably the last flashlight you will ever need
- The water resistance is not so strong
- The battery has a short life span
|Package Dimensions||8.5 x 4.8 x 1.73 inches|
|Item Dimensions||6.19 x 1.38 x 1.3 inches|
|Package Weight||0.29 kilograms|
|Manufacturer||Pelican Products, Inc.|
9. OLIGHT M2R Pro Warrior 1800 Lumens Tactical Flashlight
If you don’t own a brand of this tactical flashlight, you are missing a great deal! You will surely like this fantastic product.
The M2R Pro Warrior is the newest version of OLIGHT two-button straight tactical flashlight. It features a single 5000mAh 21700 chargeable lithium battery and TIR lens for uniform light.
The maximum output and distance are increased by 20% and 44% separately, reaching 1800 lumens and 300 meters. The surface texture is the second-generation multi-functional tail with strengthened connective magnetism.
The newly designed magnetic USB charging wire can hold 2A current, increasing charge rate of 100%. With its lanyard hole, detached two-way Stainless Steel Pocket Clip, flashlight bag, the M2R Pro is the next evolution of tactical flashlight.
- Delivering a maximum output of 1,800 lumens and 300 meters beam distance
- Powered by high capacity 5000mAh 21700 lithium-ion battery
- Easily concealed with a quiet tail switch
- Visual display indicator located on the centre of the side switch to display the battery level in real-time: Green (>75%), Yellow (30-75%), Red (<30)
- Easy to operate with a raised tail switch
- A great feeling of firm grip with a newly designed body texture and excellent bezel
- High quality, robust, burly and beastly
- Excellence in illumination
- Might get hot if you put it in power more than the required time
- The pocket clip might get caught on other things mistakenly as you walk by
|LED Source||High-performance neutral white LED|
|Material||AL66061-T6 Aluminum Alloy|
|Package Dimensions||7.17 x 3.31 x 2.56 inches|
|Item Dimensions||5.37 x 1.1 x 1.03 inches|
10. NICRON N7 600 Lumens Tactical Flashlight
The last but not the least on the list is this NICRON N7 manufactured by NICRON to enhance illumination on objects over 413 feet away. It is a smart voltage flashlight with AA battery become 250 lumens, using 14500 rechargeable battery becomes 600 lumens flashlight conveniently powered for several hours with a single AA battery or a 14500 rechargeable battery. The magnetic tail cap attaches securely to any ferrous metal surface for free usage, hunting, camping or fishing.
Tough as nails, this flashlight can survive a 4 feet drop or being temporary submerged in water. The light beam has a 206-foot wide range of lightweight bodies that makes it easy for you to carry; it also comes with a non-slip coating to ensure it doesn’t slip out of your hand. Stand at one end as an emergency light source.
- Simple switch mode
- Excellent waterproof IP65
- Portable weight & magnetic tail cap
- Indexable flashlight
- It is compact and can fit into your pocket, backpack and purse
- Good strong magnet base
- 90 degree rotate & magnetic tail cap
- Ultra bright and long-lasting
- Smart design
- Drains battery when off
- Batteries required but not included
|Product Dimensions||4.4 x 0.78 x 0.78 inches|
|Laser Beam Color||White|
Important Factors To Consider Before Buying A Tactical Flashlight
Since there are so many questions surrounding the mystery of choice when it comes to tactical flashlights. This article has extensively discussed what each product would offer you as a prospective buyer, the features, pros, cons and product specification, I have also taken the liberty to explain the important factors to put into consideration! Everything works, side-by-side!
It is essential to be well abreast of the purpose of the flashlight. This purpose must have been clear to you even before you go to that shop or surf the internet for a flashlight. Different flashlights are suitable for various purposes, and others for specific tasks; thus, the purpose of the flashlight is perhaps the most important deciding factor when making your selection. For most people, a flashlight serves a more practical use.
For example, if you are usually in a low-light environment and there is always a need to illuminate the place, a floodlight is best suited for you. If you are involved in activities in which both hands are usually engaged like rock climbing and spelunking, a headlamp is probably the best pick. When you need an intense beam or satisfactory control of the beam direction, a handheld light is best for you.
When the purpose of buying the flashlight is ascertained, the next factor to consider is the price. It is widespread to associate high price with the durability and performance of the flashlight. This notion is mainly incorrect in many instances. To be honest, based on customer rating and sales, most tactical flashlights with medium to low prices are the best tactical flashlights.
You can never underestimate the importance of size when it comes to buying a tactical flashlight. You should note that if performance chips are the same, the larger flashlights will produce longer beams. Large flashlights are big enough to contain life-long D-cell batteries which can save you the stress of replacing batteries regularly.
This premise does not in any way imply that smaller and standard-issue flashlights are inferior; in fact, it is quite the opposite. The development of LED technology ensures that the largeness of a flashlight does not necessarily mean better performance. Small lights can be rugged, efficient and blindingly bright as the larger flashlights.
Some of us are usually biased when it comes to gadgets. We have already configured our minds to certain manufacturers such that even when that manufacturer does not have the specification we need; we settle for anything so long it comes for that manufacturer. This notion is wrong thinking when it comes to flashlight purchasing, and it will most likely lead to you buying a product that will not satisfy your need.
Lumen is simply the measure of light output; thus, the general idea that flashlights with more massive lumens will produce brighter lights than those with lower lumens. Please, note that if you strictly consider lumens when choosing a flashlight, you will most likely get the wrong flashlight.
In most cases, light with high lumens are not considerably brighter to the high than others, and they drain batteries swiftly then you will probably be left stranded before darkness runs out.
Moving on from buying guides that help you make an appropriate selection, I also included the FAQ section as its importance cannot be overemphasized. Here, I provide answers to questions usually posed on Tactical Flashlights. I’m sure by the time you go through them, it will meet your expectation!
My Top Pick
Now, I’m sure most of your questions have been answered, and you are well abreast of what you need to consider to make a hitch-free choice by putting every section in this article into use and making the best decision!
If by chance you have no luxury of time to go through the whole article, I will recommend GearLight M3 Tactical Flashlight because it is quite affordable and comes with great features. It is suitable for long-term use and will be reliable for virtually all purposes.
Have you got further questions? Are there other brands of tactical flashlights you want to know? Kindly drop your comment in the comment box!!!